Sunday 24 March 2013

AWESOME

So the latest T-shirt design is currently available for pre order - Awesome :)

This is how the concept was developed into the final design. 

One night I wanted to design a crest style image and thought "Well I want it to look awesome obviously, what shall I draw that's awesome?" So I popped onto Facebook and asked my friends to list things that they thought were awesome. Here's some of the list:

Turtles, cheese on toast, anyone called Joe, giraffes, tree frogs, a wolf, owls, ninjas, pirates, robots, jet packs, ghosts, Pokemon, tattoos, zombies, swords, dragons, a phoenix, ice cream.....etc





1. I started off with the shield and two mirrored T-Rexs holding it. Then the two mermaids were added, I didn't want these to match. A basic scroll banner was also added.

2. A pair of robots were placed behind the T-rexs, they're based on the wind up toy ones. The scroll changed size and position.

3. The shield had some items added to it - my sugar skulls, an anchor, lightning bolts, and a tattoo style rose. Awesome was added to the scroll.

4. I changed the shield around as I didn't like the composition inside. I moved the anchor to one of the mermaid's arms as a tattoo, plus I gave the other one an eye patch to make her pirate-like. The owl was also added.

FINAL. A diamond was used to fill the gap between the owl and the scroll and a small Poke-ball was added between the two T-rex. Stars filled up the gap in the shield plus I changed one of the mermaid's hairstyle. Then everything was neatened up for the final vector file.

I drew stages 1-4 on my iPad using an app called iDraw, the final was neatened up in Illustrator. This is the first time I have used my iPad to design the whole thing. 

Thanks to everyone who helped add to the list. See if you can spot the ninja ;)

LL xx

No comments:

Post a Comment